The Infant Nutrition Council (“INC”) members agree to work together to resolve issues relating to the infant formula industry in Australia and New Zealand. These issues may include matters concerning the industry codes in Australia and New Zealand, the support of breastfeeding, possible false and misleading claims, food regulations and standards, food safety issues or company representatives’ conduct and activities.
- Uphold the values of the INC, which are to be truthful, professional, ethical and accountable and not bring the INC into disrepute.
- Act in good faith and with due care and comply with applicable laws and regulations including where appropriate:
- the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code and labelling laws,
- being a registered exporter under the New Zealand Animals Product Act (APA) 1999, and/or
- being a registered establishment with Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) under the Export Control Act 1982.